In need of a Federal Duck Stamp? In this post you will be instructed on which are authorized dealer to buy federal duck stamps, duck stamps contest regulations, costs and its values.
Federal Duck Stamps also known as the Migratory Bird Hunting and Conservation Stamps are pictorial stamps that issued once a year and these are produced by U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service since 1934. You will be required by the United States Federal Government to have a federal duck stamp before you able to hunt migratory waterfowl and to gain entrance to National Wildlife Refuges. Also these federal duck stamps can not be use for postage.
UPDATE: June 28th is Fist Day Sale of 2013-2014 Federal Duck Stamps in Bass Pro Shops in Ashland, VA.
Uses of Duck Stamps And Its Benefits
Federal Duck Stamps are used as wetland conservation tool, entrance pass for national wildlife refuges, and as a hunting license for hunters. The 98% of each stamps sale goes to purchase or lease wetalnd habitat for protection. This program is the most effective way to conserve natural resouces. In fact they raised budget of $25 million each year and already raised more than $850 million since 1934.
With these huge budget raise every year, Waterfowl is not the only one who will benefit this program. These includes numerous other bird, mammal, fish, reptile and amphibian species that rely that lives in wetlands for food and shelter.
Aside from animals, hunters will benefit also with this program. Hunters will have more places to enjoy their sport and other enthusiasts that loves to hike, watch birds, photograph and explore.
This also helps to purify water supplies, store flood water, reduce soil erosion and sedimentation and give more spawning areas for fishes.
Where To Buy Federal Duck Stamp
First things first, there are two types of duck stamps. The Federal Duck Stamps which cost $15 that is commonly used by hunters that gives you a free admission to refuges and the second one is the Junior Duck Stamps which cost $5.
You can buy Federal Duck Stamps from the following vendors:
Duck stamps can also be purchased at the most major sporting goods stores and large chain stores that sell hunting and fishing licenses.
You can also buy federal duck stamp and junior duck stamp to following online stores. You must not forget the the online stamp are available only for 45 days from the date of purchase.
Buy Federal Duck Stamp – Online Store
- Wild Life License – Arkansas
- Wild Life License – Colorado
- Wild Life License – Maryland
- Recreational Licenses Online
- Outdoor Central
- Active Door Solutions – Minnesota
- Texas Parks & Wildlife
- Active Door Solutions – Wisconsin
Federal Duck Stamp Contest Regulations
For those artists that are interested to have their work to be in stamp and want to join the duck stamp contest here are some IMPORTANT INFORMATIONS that you should know.
Duck Stamp Contest is a federally legislated art competition where there are regulations published in each year.
- All U.S. citizens are eligible to participate and must be 18 years to join the contest
- Your artwork mush be simple but eye-catching and your original work.
- Your artwork should have sufficient color contrast to emphasize detail and shading.
- Your artwork should not be blur and have strong elements such as shape and line appear and letters & numerals are still readable.
- Artists may choose their own medium and designs, it can be black & white or full color
- The stamp should be 10 inches wide and 7 inches high.
- Artists may submit their artwork on June 1 – Aug 15, 2013.
- For this year (2013) you may choose from five species that U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service chose:
- Cinnamon Teal
- Blue-winged Teal
- Email your work to email@example.com or send via letter to Federal Duck Stamp Office, 4401 N. Fairfax Dr., MS 4070, Arlington, VA 22203.
MAKE YOUR DUCK HUNTING DREAM TRIP HAPPEN!!!
Looking for a new duck hunting trip? Plan your next bird hunting trip and have an incredible experience like you never had before! Make your hunting dream trip happen!
Below are duck stamp collection since 1934.
NOTE that there is a entry fee of $125.00 for those artists who want to join the contest and wining the Federal Duck Stamp Contest will be lend a prestige to the chosen artist, but also can serve as a catalyst in building a successful career in wildlife art.
DId you know that this Federal Duck Stamp Program is used to raise budget which is approximately $25 million each year and raised more than $850 million since 1934 to be use to protect the vital wetland habitat in our National Wildlife Refuge System.
For regulations and other in-depth details check out 2013 Duck Stamp Contest Regulations at fws.gov.
Here’s video of Federal Duck Stamp Contest last 2011.
Clifford Sanderson is an internet marketer for Nicaragua Bird Hunting and the sole author of this Dove Hunting Blog. Follow me at Twitter @DoveHunter and on Google.
More Posts – Twitter – Facebook – Google+ – Pinterest